*Disclaimer: I received products for free for the purpose of review. I was not obligated to post a review, nor be positive about the product. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. I will never promote products that I don’t personally enjoy and think my readers will love. Thank you for your support!
I had the privilege of receiving for the purpose of review a wonderful kids’ Christmas book by Corine Hyman, titled Why We Give Gifts at Christmas Time. What a refreshing book, written by a Christian author for the purpose of teaching Christian kids about giving gifts!
This is a cute book with interesting illustrations. The book is full of little kids, all from a classroom or Sunday School of some sort. They are being interviewed by Evelyn who calls them her friends. She asks the different kids questions about what they’ve learned about giving gifts at Christmas time. Each has an answer, and a Biblical scripture is quoted at the bottom of the page.
Some of the questions include things like:
- What did you learn about why we give gifts at Christmas time?
- Who do you give gifts to at Christmas time and throughout the year?
- What can you tell me about giving gifts at Christmas time?
The book unapologetically points to Jesus Christ as Savior, and to His birth which is why we celebrate at this time of year. The kids have great answers to the questions, and they all point to scripture.
- I will share with others because I know God will be pleased.
- I give gifts to those who have less than me.
- I will not only give stuff but I will give my time as well.
- When I receive gifts, I should share them with others.
It’s a very simple book and my preschoolers have enjoyed looking at it and talking about Jesus and about gifts. It’s been a great way to introduce the season to them, and the Reason for the Season and for the giving of gifts. The twins even sit and look at the book on their own, talking about giving gifts and pleasing God. I love it!
Enter to win your own copy of Why We Give Gifts at Christmas Time by filling out the form below!