I’m so thrilled to be participating in the Biannual Blogathon Bash again this year! I’m hosting two mini-challenges and hope to get quite a bit accomplished. I’m getting a bit of a late start, but I had a productive day in my home so I will not be discouraged. I know I typed out a list of goals I want to accomplish with m y blog, and as soon as I find that list (tonight!!) I will edit it and work out a plan of action for my Saturday. I plan to be working on the Blogathon for most of the day on Saturday. I pray the Lord will allow me to be productive and fruitful in His timing and without taking away from my family. They are most graciously allowing me time this weekend to participate, and I am thankful for a supportive husband and enthusiastic kids.
To be edited, but off the top of my head:
- Social media and promotion schedule
- Social media improvement plan of action for the year
- Write a week’s post so that I’m at least a week ahead. Two weeks would be preferable.
- Take my own two challenges: Narrowing Your Niche as well as Categories and Tags
- Take any other challenges that apply to my goals.
- Make and fill out an editorial calendar
- Organize and prioritize reviews, including a schedule for completion
Here is the list I’d written a few weeks back, and it includes some things I’d forgotten to list off the top of my head earlier.
- Get at least 2 weeks ahead on scheduled blog posts, and stay that way. A month would be ideal. (Yep, remembered that one!)
- Get down onto paper (IE digital spreadsheet) a plan of posts for the entire year… or at least 6 months at a time, until the next bash in June. (Or um, an editorial calendar as I listed above.)
- Get a newsletter done, and figure out my email sending schedule stuff through MailChimp. (in the meantime, I’ve figured things out and my newsletter is sending my feed. It needs a full revamp though.)
- Publish an eBook every quarter. (Well yes, but maybe not this weekend.)
- Learn and begin posting printables. And maybe start actually using some in our homeschooling. (I will probably schedule this into one of my “social media focus” months.)
- Figure out some ad stuff and get my affiliate ads and social media promotions scheduled. (I’d forgotten this. Research definitely needed. On my list for Sunday!)
- Get my subdomain for my massage and essential oils business up and running. Get a subdomain and blog up and running for my teenage son. (Son’s blog, done. Subdomain up… but not really running. Needs to go on the schedule. Needs graphics. Hmm.)
- Work diligently and get my Christian Business Directory organized, nice, sorted, and FULL. (I remembered this one after I set this post live. This is definitely a priority this weekend.)
Comments and Questions
On my challenge pages, I’ve asked for comments. Only, I didn’t realize or think about the fact that you can’t comment on a page, only on a regular blog post like this! So, I am opening up this goals post for those comments.
Please let me know which challenge you are asking about. If your comment is your entry for the Categories and Tags post, please state that you are entering with your comment.
Thank you! Be blessed!